Who We Are
The Society for Information Science and Technology of Nigeria (SISTN) is a non-profit and non-political society. The Society was formally registered as a non-profit organization by the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria in January 2015 (see Certificate of Incorporation).
Aims and Objectives
- To promote the education and career development of Information scientists and professionals.
- To promote research in Information Science and Technology.
- To promote multidisciplinary collaboration and interdisciplinary approaches on issues pertaining to creation, creation, sharing and use of information, knowledge and information technology for national and global development.
- To develop the competence and promote the professional integrity of information scientists and professionals.
- To champion and protect the interest of information science and technology profession and improve public awareness on matters pertaining to the practice of the profession.
- To support or oppose any legislation that is seen to further or hinder the growth of the profession and well being of members.
National and African development driven by Innovation, Information and Information technology.